mandag 16. mars 2009

The King Wins The Nobel Peace Price



I have just read the article about Martin Luther King and when he was awarded the majestic Nobel Peace Prize. He was awarded the prize on Oct. 14, 1964 and was the youngest to have ever received the price.

After receiving the price the King stated that he was glad other people were concerned with the problems the African Americans were facing at the time. I think Martin Luther King was a very understanding person and I love all his responses to questions given after receiving the award.  An example of his words that I enjoy reading is “I regard the prize as a sign that world public opinion was on the side of those struggling for freedom and dignity”.

He was the right man to receive the award at the time because he was fighting for oppressed people and showing the world that everybody is equal and deserve the same rights. 

Ingen kommentarer: